The Building was originally built in 1865 with alterations designed in 1917 by W.J. Beardsley a prominent New York State architect for courthouse facilities across New York State and also the original architect for the Chenango County building; a JSA award winning project completed in 2010).
After years of improper maintenance, considerable repairs were needed to restore the building. The former condemned jail portion of the building was demolished The building was renovated into county office space for the district attorney with the basement level being renovated for a 911 emergency backup center.
A new boiler system and emergency generator system was added to the Courthouse. Also included in this project was aa 3,000 sf maintenance building for Seneca County.
See similar projects