Interiors Project Coordinator
John Snyder Architects (JSA) is a small and growing Architecture and Interior Design Firm located in Ithaca, NY. The Interiors Project Coordinator will be lead designer and project manager on multiple projects through all stages of design and construction, assist others on additional project work as requested, meet with consultants, clients and product representatives
Position is full time, 40 hours a week
• Project Design : verify existing site conditions through existing drawings and site visits, determine program requirements with client interviews, develop detailed designs to suit project requirements, create presentations with project drawings, renderings and material selections for client approval, produce comprehensive project drawings and specifications to be used for bidding, permitting and construction purposes, participate in bidding procedures answering contractor questions and producing addendums, perform necessary project oversight during construction with site visits, submittal review and recording meeting minutes
• Project Management : coordinate with consultants, client representatives and JSA team members throughout design and implementation, keep projects on track in regards to budget and schedule, maintain organized files of design files, project meetings and communications with consultants, clients and contractors.
• Materials Library organization : meet with product and material representatives on new products, keep library up to date and organized
• 0 to 5 years experience preferred, not required
• Comfortable with Revit, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite programs
• High level of organization and attention to detail with ability to implement into a comprehensive design
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate design concepts clearly and in a professional manner
• Time management skills with multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast paced environment
• Ability to be proactive and self sufficient
• Willingness to be flexible and open to multiple responsibilities in a small and growing firm
Ideal candidate should be an efficient problem solver, articulate and able to work with minimal supervision. Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design required. Previous experience at an architecture firm a plus.
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING SKILLS REQUIRED INCLUDE:
Revit • AutoCAD • Adobe Creative Suite • Word • Excel
Email resume, portfolio and salary requirements. All Applicants Must be Qualified for U.S. Employment. To ensure your resume is read, put “FORM is a four letter word” in the subject line.